Monday, September 1, 2014



Illusions

I have just had a most exciting experience in a new gallery on First Street, Fort Myers.
I have 22 of my Spatials and Dizzies in the show which opened on the famous Art Walk
which is always on the first Friday of every month. This gallery has a different approach
to showing art. They made T-shirts of some of my Dizzies and they produced a video
of everything in the show, merging one into the next and accompanied by the pop song
"I'm so Dizzy". It was so entertaining and even more so when they projected the video
across the street at night onto a 3-storey building. It is very exciting to see your work
twenty foot high!

This drawing, ink on clayboard, is called "Great Balls of Fire" and it won second place at
the last Bonita Art League show. As you can see I like titles with humor!
I an currently working on a series based on an African mask I saw recently which reminded
me of my Dizzies in its shape and complexity. I did a black & white version but also a triptich
version shown here.
Sharon loves this one and has it on the kitchen wall. She says these are her "Peepoes"!


No comments:

Post a Comment