Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The artists in The Promenade studios are, from November, to be in residence 6 days a week rather than 3. Going to be a lot busier but should have more exposure. The popular Artwalk evenings will now be twice a month -- from 5pm to 8pm on the second and the last Thursday, and the studios will open until 8pm every Thursday. I am lucky to be sharing my studio with Ed Takacs (wonderfully detailed wildlife oils) so I can a few days off.
January next looks to be exciting. Kathleen Bradford has her studio on Bonita Beach Road and has asked me to stage a one-man show of my wood sculptures from 7th to 28th. Will be inviting everyone I know and will give more detail later. Incidentally, Kathleen is a very talented mixed media artist. She constructs these amazing, beautiful wall pieces out of glass, seashells, plaster, etc. Visit her gallery at 4259 Bonita Beach Road.
I have had lots of requests to teach recently. Now this is going to happen. also in January. I am the instructor for a two-day course -- Graphite Pencil Drawing from Photos -- on Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd, 9am to noon. Anyone interested should pop into the Bonita Art League and sign-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment